January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

To start off this new year we thought we'd share with you our latest accomplishment.  Skedaddle America has come out with a 2012 calendar and two photos from our lighthouse explorations were featured in it!  

On the May page, the bottom left photo, is one that I took while we were on a family vacation last summer in Petoskey, MI.  It was with my parents and my sister and brother-in-law.  (You can check them out on our players page.)  Since there were so many adults, John and I actually had the chance to go on a very rare date night.  We made it over to the Charlevoix South Peirhead Light right at sunset and got a few nice shots.  (I will post the details of that vacay soon...lots to share.)  I submitted this one to the Skeddadle America photo contest and made the calendar!


My mom submitted a photo and made the cover!  Hers is the flag photo on the right.  That was also taken on a lighthouse exploration.  My mom and dad were planning on taking a Traverse City vacation in July.    They thought it would just be the two of them and the dogs, but that would be boring right?  Well, lucky for them John ended up having to go out of town for work most of that week.  So, at the last minute the kids and I decided to crash their vacay and liven it up.  (John did get to join us for the last couple days.)  They really didn't have any plans while they were up there, so I quickly made some.  I found out the  tall ship, "Lynx"  was going to be in Frankfort, MI while we were there. Frankfort is also the home to two lighthouses.  (I will share those details soon, too!)  She took this picture on board the ship.  Nice shot, Mom!


Lucky, our Chihuahua, found out I was doing this post and wanted me to share his calendar debut, also.  How could I refuse his cute little face?  A few years ago, my sister submitted a picture of Lucky and his cousin, Rolo (Kristen's dog) swimming in Torch Lake.  They made the cover and the June page!  They are June 3 and 4, to be precise.  Way to go Lucky & Rolo!

bottom, second from left

on a store shelf
June 3 & 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed this post please leave a comment and/or find a way to follow us on the right side of the page.