May 6, 2011

Road Trip Endeavour-back to regular life

Well, I'm sure everyone has heard that the Endeavour still has not launched.  I fully admit that when we found out the mission was scrubbed we felt like we got the wind knocked out of us.  The boys took the news pretty well, they just continued having a super fun vacation.  John and I really wanted them to have the memory of that shuttle launching.
Even with the scrubbed mission we are sooooooooo glad we went.  As I stated in the last post, we weren't even planning on taking a spring vacation, and ALL of us had such a great time.  John said his favorite part of the whole trip was watching how much fun the kids had.  And boy did they.  I didn't have time to do any blogging while we were gone.  By the time each day was done I basically fell into bed.  Every single day was enjoyed to the fullest.  We don't have a single day we wish we could do over.
Do to the scrubbed launch we extended our trip two days (hoping it would launch the following Monday).  So, we ended up getting home Tuesday at 11:30pm.  We woke the kids up, got them to bed and slept in our own bed for the first time in 12 days.  Wednesday was super busy--got the car unloaded, made a grocery list, breakfast, 3 kids baths, shower, lunch, pre-school for Lincoln & Spencer (Jax & I grocery shopped during that two hour window), snack,  some light unpacking, dinner, Awana awards night, bed.  Whew.  John had to immediately leave for work, so I was on my own for all of that.
fully loaded Awana vests-they just completed their second year of Cubbies
Yesterday, the day was spent doing 7 loads of laundry, unpacking, going through 12 days of mail, taking care of 3 kids, and some outdoor play for the kids while I vacuumed out all the food (and who know what else) from the van.  Still have some more mail, a couple more loads of laundry, and some light unpacking for today.  
Tonight my parents and sister are coming to spend the weekend.  They are bringing Lucky home! They had him while we were traveling.  We missed him so much (and my mom keeps threatening to keep him).  Tomorrow my brother and sister-in-law are coming for the rest of the weekend.  If it doesn't rain we will be going to Holland Tulip Time on Saturday and celebrating Mother's Day on Sunday.
So, as you can see I am way behind on my posts.  When we get back to normal life next week (which is still always pretty busy), I will start catching up.  I have a TON of exciting things to talk about!  We spent the night in 4 different states, saw 8 lighthouses, Kennedy Space Center, beach time, water park, lots of fun restaurants, go carts, Nascars, Harleys, Great Great Aunt Dutch and more.  In the mean time, feel free to check out my updated map.  I have all 8 of our vacation lighthouses posted on it.  You can click under it on "Lighthouse Explorations" to see a bigger map with all the names and locations listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed this post please leave a comment and/or find a way to follow us on the right side of the page.